After a long day at the Potter’s Wheel, and/or firing recent creations, Jason Serres’ “Long Day at the Pottery Shop Brownies” are they perfect way to end the day.
- 1/2 CUP HOMEMADE BUTTER, MELTED AND HOT
- 1 TABLESPOON COOKING OIL (OLIVE OR COCONUT ARE FINE)
- 1 1/8 CUP SUPERFINE SUGAR (CASTER SUGAR, OR GRANULATED WHITE SUGAR)
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 2 TEASPOONS PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/2 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
– PreHeat Oven 350*
– Lightly grease 8 inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper set aside
– Combine melted hot butter, oil and sugar together in a medium sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute.
– Add eggs and vanilla, neat until lighter in color ( about another minute)
-Sift in flour cocoa powder, and salt
– Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. (do NOT over beat as to protect texture of brownies)
– Pour batter in prepared pan smoothing out evenly.
– OPTIONAL * Top with Chocolate chunks or Chocolate Chips
– Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is set to touch. (the brownies will keep baking after taking out of oven) For tooth pick testing, the tooth pick should come out dirty and fudge like.
– Remove all allow to cool to room temperature before slicing. Makes around 16 slices of brownies.