SHUTTLE SERVICES and PADDLE TRAIL INFOCatch a ride with us, get picked up from your adventures!
Shuttle service for the French Broad River is available for customers who have their own boats and need assistance with a shuttle.
Champion Park Access, where most folks begin their river trip, is ½ mile from our River Shop. The one half mile paddle before Champion Park is shallow, rocky, and has some tricky places to maneuver for the beginning paddler.
We often have requests to offer shuttle service beginning at different put-in locations other than Champion Park. In the right hand column there are possible scenarios and the applicable shuttle fee. Reservations are required, however we will service walk-ins upon availability.
How our Shuttle Service Works:
- Confirm your reservation
- Arrive at the river shop or agreed upon river access to complete check-in
- After check-in you drive to your put in location, unload all your paddle gear and anything you want with you on the river
- A Headwaters van will arrive at your put in location at the time we arranged with you during check in
- You will then leave all members of the paddling party, except vehicle drivers (youth should be supervised) with the gear at the launch site
- The drivers then follow us, in your vehicle(s), to the access where you plan to take out. You leave your vehicle at the take-out; our driver will shuttle you back to your designated launch site in our van.
French Broad Paddle Trail Information
The French Broad River Paddle Trail is a recreational watercraft trail created and operated by MountainTrue and Riverlink. The paddle trail facilitates the public access to and camping on over 140 miles of French Broad River, from the headwaters in Rosman, North Carolina to Douglas Lake in Tennessee.
For more information on the Paddle Trail and how to reserve campsite please visit https://frenchbroadpaddle.com
Popular Shuttle Destination and Prices for the FRENCH BROAD RIVER
Island Ford Access- Brevard, NC- $35.00
Hap Simpson Acess- Brevard, NC- $50.00
Wilson Road/Pisgah Forest Access- Pisgah Forest, NC- $55.00
Penrose River Access- $60.00
Blantyre River Access- Horse Shoe, NC- $65.00
Etowah/Horseshoe Access- $75
Westfeldt Park River Access- Mills River, NC- $75.00
Glenn Bridge Access- $85
Bent Creek Access- $100
Hominy Creek Access- $105
Carrier Park Access- $110
French Broad River Park- $110
Jean Webb Park- $115
Rivers Arts District- $115
Other Local River and Trail Shuttles
Art Loeb Trail, Daniel Boone Camp to Davidson River Campground- $125
Foothills Tail, pending accesses- $100-$200