SHUTTLE SERVICES, RENTALS, and PADDLE TRAIL INFOCatch a ride with us, get picked up from your adventures!
Shuttle service for the French Broad River is available for customers who have their own boats and need assistance with a shuttle.
Champion Park Access, where most folks begin their river trip, is ½ mile from our River Shop. The one half mile paddle before Champion Park is shallow, rocky, and has some tricky places to maneuver for the beginning paddler.
We often have requests to offer shuttle service beginning at different put-in locations other than Champion Park. In the right hand column there are possible locations and the applicable shuttle fee. Shuttle Fees are based upon distance from our shop.
Reservations are required, however we will service walk-ins upon availability in non-peak seasons.
How our Shuttle Service Works:
- Confirm your reservation
- Arrive at the river shop or agreed upon river access to complete check-in
- After check-in you drive to your put in location, unload all your paddle gear and anything you want with you on the river
- A Headwaters shuttle vehicle will arrive at your put in location at the time we arranged with you during check in
- You will then leave all members of the paddling party, except vehicle drivers (youth should be supervised) with the gear at the launch site
- The drivers then follow us, in your vehicle(s), to the access where you plan to take out. You leave your vehicle at the take-out; our driver will shuttle you back to your designated launch site in our shuttle vehicle
French Broad Paddle Trail Information
The French Broad River Paddle Trail is a recreational watercraft trail created and operated by the French Broad Riverkeeper, non-profit organization MountainTrue, and Riverlink. The paddle trail facilitates public accesses and camping on over 140 miles of French Broad River, from the headwaters in Rosman, North Carolina to Douglas Lake in Tennessee.
For more information on the Paddle Trail and how to reserve campsite please visit https://frenchbroadpaddle.com
Canoe, Kayak, SUP, and Tandem Kayak Daily and Weekly Rentals
(Rentals Are Based On An 24 Hr. Period or Weekly Rates available for 5-7 Day Rentals).
Includes Boat, Paddles, & PFD’s
Canoe: Daily $60, Weekly $300
Kayak & SUP: Daily $45, Weekly $225
Tandem Kayak: Daily $60, Weekly $300
Call To Book Rentals: (828)-877-3106
Popular Shuttles and Prices for the FRENCH BROAD RIVER
Island Ford Access- Brevard, NC- $35.00
Hap Simpson Access- Brevard, NC- $50.00
Wilson Rd./Pisgah Forest Access- Pisgah Forest, NC- $55.00
Penrose River Access- Penrose, NC- $60.00
Blantyre River Access- Penrose, NC- $65.00
Etowah/Horseshoe Access- Horseshoe, NC-$75
Westfeldt River Access- Mills River, NC- $75.00
Glenn Bridge Access- Arden, NC-$85
Bent Creek Access- Arden, NC-$100
Hominy Creek Access- Asheville, NC- $105
Carrier Park Access- Asheville, NC- $110
French Broad River Park- Asheville, NC-$110
Jean Webb Park- Asheville, NC-$115
Rivers Arts District- Asheville, NC- $115
Woodfin River Access- Woodfin, NC- $120
Other Local Trail Shuttles
Art Loeb Trail (Hike ~31 miles, Daniel Boone Camp to Davidson River Campground)- $125
Foothills Trail (Pending Access)- $100-$200
Call To Book Shuttles: (828)-877-3106