About our shuttles:
Shuttle service for the French Broad River is available for customers who have their own boats and need assistance with a shuttle, or what to rent our boats for extended overnights trips along the French Broad Paddle Trail.
Champion Park Access, where most folks begin their river trip, is a ½ mile from our River Shop. The one half mile paddle before Champion Park is shallow, rocky, and has some tricky places to maneuver for the beginner paddler.
We often have requests to offer shuttle service beginning at different put-in locations other than Champion Park. In the right hand column there are possible locations and the applicable shuttle fee. Shuttle Fees are based upon distance from our shop.
We do offer overnight parking at our private put-in just downstream of Champion Park. Due to lack of parking at our river shop, we ask that no overnight parking happens at our river shop.
How it works:
Reservations and advanced payment are required. However, we will service walk-ins upon availability in non-peak seasons.
Reserving Shuttle Service & How It Works:
- Confirm your reservation and advanced payment
- Arrive at our river shop or agreed upon river access to complete check-in
- After check-in you will drive to your put-in location; unload all your paddle gear and anything you want with you on the river
- A Headwaters Outfitters shuttle vehicle will arrive at your put-in location at the time we arranged with you during the reservation & check in process
- You will then leave all members of the paddling party, except vehicle drivers (youth should be supervised) with the paddling gear at the launch site
- The drivers then follow us, in your vehicle(s), to the access where you plan to take-out. You leave your vehicle at the take-out; our driver will shuttle you back to your designated launch site in our shuttle vehicle
French Broad paddle Trail:
The French Broad River Paddle Trail is a recreational watercraft trail created and operated by the French Broad Riverkeeper, non-profit organization MountainTrue, and Riverlink. The paddle trail facilitates public accesses and camping on over 140 miles of French Broad River, from the headwaters in Rosman, North Carolina to Douglas Lake in Tennessee.
For more information on the Paddle Trail and how to reserve campsite please visit https://frenchbroadpaddle.com
Equipment Rental Info:
Tandem Canoes, Kayaks, Tandem Kayaks, SUPs
Daily & Weekly Rentals
Rentals: Based on 24 Hr. Period(s) or Weekly Rates for 5-7 Days
Includes: Boats, Paddles, & PFDs
Canoes (Tandem Only): Daily $60, Weekly $300
Kayaks & SUPs: Daily $45, Weekly $225
Tandem Kayaks: Daily $60, Weekly $300
Call To Book Rentals: (828)-877-3106
Our Paddling Team:
French Broad Shuttle Prices by Location:
Island Ford Access– Brevard, NC – $35.00
Hap Simpson Access– Brevard, NC – $50.00
Wilson Rd./Pisgah Forest Access– Pisgah Forest, NC – $55.00
Penrose River Access– Penrose, NC – $60.00
Blantyre River Access– Penrose, NC – $65.00
Etowah/Horseshoe Access– Horseshoe, NC -$75.00
Westfeldt River Access– Mills River, NC – $75.00
Glenn Bridge Access– Arden, NC -$85.00
Bent Creek Access– Arden, NC -$100.00
Hominy Creek Access– Asheville, NC – $105.00
Carrier Park Access– Asheville, NC – $110.00
French Broad River Park– Asheville, NC -$110.00
Jean Webb Park– Asheville, NC -$115.00
Rivers Arts District– Asheville, NC – $115.00
Woodfin River Access– Woodfin, NC – $120.00
The Ledges Whitewater Park– Woodfin, NC – $125.00